Some of the available output from my work include:
Pipeline Reports on Hotel Developments in Africa
I have worked on and guided the design of the pipeline reports on hotel development in Africa (2016-2018). You can access the reports here.
Africapitalism Research Project
As the Africapitalism research fellow at the Sustainable Business Initiative, I project-managed the five-country Africapitalism £310,000 research project funded by the Tony Elumelu Foundation. You can access the report here.
The Circular Economy Project at the University of Edinburgh
Adun successfully applied for funding (£6,000) to conduct and manage the main research of understanding Circular Economy opportunities at the University of Edinburgh.
The Circular Economy is about transitioning from a ‘take-make-dispose’ linear approach to resource use, to systems that encourage reuse and extraction of maximum value before returning resources to the biosphere.
You can read the report here.
Book, paper publications and refereed conference papers
- Amaeshi, K., & Idemudia, U. (2018). Africapitalism: A Management Idea for Business in Africa? In K. Amaeshi, A. Okupe, & U. Idemudia (Eds.), Africapitalism: Rethinking the Role of Business in Africa (pp. 19-41). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. doi:10.1017/9781316675922.003
- Okupe, A., Ward, T., Adeola, O. (2018) Enhancing Hospitality and Tourism Industry Competitiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa in Adeleye, I., & Esposito, M. (Eds.). Africa’s competitiveness in the global economy. Basingstoke, UK, and New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Amaeshi, K, Okupe, A & Ismail, T. (2016). Sub-Saharan Africa. in W Visser (ed.), The World Guide to Sustainable Enterprise. vol. 1, Greenleaf Publishing, Sheffield, pp. 12-23.
- “Africapitalism and Africa’s Development: Rethinking the nexus of Business Leadership and Development in Africa” at the Academy of International Business Colloquium at the University of Cambridge, 2014.
- “What is the role of business leaders in the sustainable development of Africa?” Discussant, Africapitalism Panel Presentation at the Academy of International Business Conference in Nairobi, 2014.
- “How can student feedback influence the teaching practice of new teachers?” Okupe, A. & Medland, E. (in writing, target: Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education).
- “Identifying the tacit knowledge of airline leaders” Okupe, A. (in writing, target: Leadership Quarterly).
- “Systematic review methodology in management research” Okupe, A. & Rojon, C. (in writing, target: British Journal of Management).
Other presentations and writings
- “How can student feedback influence teaching practice?” University Excellence in Teaching Symposium, University of Surrey 2015.
- “Understanding the Leadership Behaviour of Airline Leaders”, (poster presentation) University of Surrey PGR Conference, 2014.
- “Leadership: from Thought to Action”, ThisDay Newspaper, Nigeria – 3day series: 30th July – 1 August 2013).